Create Your Own Fundraiser
Join us and help advance research into MPNs
Looking to make a bigger impact? Create your own fundraiser! Not only will you help us raise much needed funding for MPN research, but you’ll raise awareness while sharing your story about polycythemia vera (PV), essential thrombocythemia (ET) and myelofibrosis (MF).
MPNRF’s volunteer fundraisers participate in all types of activities to support MPN research. By organizing an event or just asking friends and family to support your drive, you can mobilize your community around these rare blood cancers.
Planning your Event
Let your creativity lead you to your own fundraising endeavor for MPN research. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Host an Event: host a golf tournament or dinner party, gather at a block party, run a bake sale or garage sale, hold a bridge tournament or poker night.
- Move for MPNs: enter an athletic event, organize a fun run, hike solo or with friends, cycle or swim long-distance.
- Celebrate a Special Occasion: turn any traditional gift-getting occasion – like birthdays, weddings or holiday gatherings – into requests for donations in lieu of gifts.
You will want to consider how to collect donations. You can work with us to set-up your own fundraising website using our peer-to-peer fundraising system. Or you may decide to run your fundraiser through Facebook.
Here are some initial resources we’ve put together for inspiration and as guidelines:
- Fundraiser’s Toolkit for tips and ideas as you plan your event
- Policies and Procedures for MPNRF Volunteer Fundraising
Proceeds from volunteer fundraisers go directly to supporting MPNRF’s programs for advancing MPN research.
Ready to Get Started?
Contact the MPNRF Development Office at email@example.com.