INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY: THANK YOU TO OUR MPN RESEARCHERS!
March 8th is recognized as International Women’s Day, a day to recognize the contribution of women to society, globally. The MPN Research Foundation has long championed the work of women in MPN research. Currently we are supporting several projects helmed by women who are doing groundbreaking work in the study of PV, ET and MF:
– Ann Mullally, who was once one of our New Investigators, now has her own lab at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. She is currently funded through our MPN Interferon Initiative.
– Rebekka K. Schneider is studying fibrotic transformation through our MPN Challenge grant program
– Vivian Oehler & Marie Bleakley are a powerhouse characterizing neoantigens and t cell responses in MPN in hopes of creating an immunotherapy for patients
– Angela Fleischman is looking into inflammation as a driver of clonal expansion in MPN.
– Robyn Scherber is one of the key people who are working on myMPN. She also has a joint study with Angela Fleischman looking at the impact of an anti-inflammatory diet on MPN
We praise these women for their work and dedication to MPN, and all the women working so hard on behalf of people living with an MPN, including many women!